Strong, soil-resistant Whitman albums with blue textured leatherette cover are developed with thumb notches for easy window removal. Women’s right advocate Susan B. Anthony appeared on the obverse of the brand-new dollars in 1979. No other woman’s picture (not thought of or legendary) had ever been struck on any U.S. coin. From 1981-1998 the U.S. Mint stopped issuing these dollars. One of the factors the coins were never ever popular was due to their reduced size. From 1840-1978 all dollars measured 38.1 mm, while the brand-new Susan B. Anthony coin determined 26.5 mm, only 2 millimeters larger than the popular quarters. Susan B. Anthony dollars have a pure copper inner core and an outer layer made of 75% copper and 25% nickel, each weighs 8.1 grams. Susan B. Anthony dollars were coined at the Philadelphia, Denver and San Francisco Mints.
- This album consists of 2 pages and holds all of the Susan B. Anthony Dollars from 1979 to 1981 with untitled ports
- Whitman albums feature two posts within the blue leatherette binder to hold the pages in location
- Clear plastic slides within each page make sure safe and secure storage and enable easy viewing of both sides of the coins
- Information on each coin is inscribed under the port for the coin on the page
- No coins or bullion included with this item